Skip to main content

My Review and Rant on Beauty and the Beast - Spoiler - It is good!

There will be spoilers in the blog post, please refrain from reading if you don't want to know anything.

Today I saw Beauty and the Beast, the live action one with Emma Watson. It was fantastic, whimsical, and purely romantic.

It was everything I was waiting for, excited about, and more. Emma's voice wasn't Disney Princess quality; however, SHE CAN SING! That is all that matters.

Apparently there were some concerns with this movie that I A) don't care about and B) they are "much ado about nothing".

For Example:

Le Fou is the first openly gay character by Disney.

WHAT!? I am in complete shock... just kidding.

WHO CARES! If you have seen the musical and the cartoon version ... it is a little bit obvious isn't it?

Image result for Gaston Scene in Disney Movie

He is singing a song about a man, and admiring him in a very "I love you so much please turn gay for me" way. He is French, and the French can be a little bit flamboyant and that is what makes them truly fun people (trust me, I have been to Paris)!

If you are worried about taking your kids to this because you are afraid this one TINY detail is going to forever scar them for life (because really? They see it everywhere else... and if you don't think they do, then you don't talk to them enough) then let me tell you something.

1. He SINGS about Gaston - nothing odd there.
2. He hugs a guy at the end that unless you are specifically looking for it - is a tad homosexual. NO BIG DEAL!

Another issue I have heard:

"Beauty and the Beast is about bestiality and Stockholm Syndrome".

Ok sure. I can see where you are getting with this one.

But PEOPLE it is all about the fun of the movie! This one movie is not going to scar anyone or make them think "hmm I wanna go kiss an animal!" I have seen worse with people letting their dogs lick their mouths or them kissing their dog right on the mouth. This world is sick and corrupted, but that is just my opinion.

Now I know I am not a mother, I am far from it. But I do have a niece and 6 nephews whom I love dearly. I also have a best friend that is homosexual.

So when it comes to it, and they ask me about him (we haven't told them yet), I will let their parents tell them. But until then, they have no idea that he is gay! They just think he is fun and outgoing! We aren't hiding it from them, but out of respect to my friend, I am not going to explicitly tell them he is what he is.

I love all of my friends no matter what they are or who they are.

I say it all the time.

I mean it!

So just let me have butterflies when the Beast and Belle fall in love because ... what if she really did like him that way? He gave her A LIBRARY, maybe if more men did that for women you'd be friend zoned a lot less!!! All Gaston wanted was to bang her and knock her up #everydaytinderdates.

The End.

All views and opinions in this post are strictly the authors, no offense was intended. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toxic Friendships

Let me start this blog post with a little side conversation. I love self exploration journals, self help blogs/podcasts/books, and I love helping people! SO with that being said - let me help you out for a moment. Here are some self help books/journals that I have found so far  to be extremely helpful! Click here to learn more and purchase! Click here to learn more and purchase! Click here to learn more and purchase! Click here to learn more and to buy! I am always constantly finding new things to read, I actually have two other books on my docket to read on these subjects that I will write about later.  OK... so now the real topic: TOXIC PEOPLE So how does the first part of my post and the main topic correlate? Well simple. I was writing in the "52 Lists for Happiness" book tonight, and one of the questions is: "List the best choices you have made in your life". Mine goes as such: Going to Europe Graduating from Colleg

Things a California State of Mind Taught Me.

This last week I went on my first vacation in a while. I have taken time off to help out with family things, and have taken a day here or there, but not a FULL week off from work in a LONG time. Well I did this past week, and I went to California with my friends Annah and Kayla. We went to the beach, Disneyland, and bummed around a museum and a cool shopping district. But let me tell you why this trip was so special - it taught me some things I needed to know about myself, about my friendships, and about my mental health! This is my favorite picture I took the entire trip, it explains how I felt the entire length of the trip - HAPPY and relaxed, free to be myself. Let me start off by saying - I am myself pretty much most of the day, but this trip let me do things on my own time with my own ways. 1. I is kind, I is smart, and I is important! I love this quote from  The Help . Self love - it is something that is becoming more accepted each day. I have always struggled with