Skip to main content

Let Me Talk About Podcasts

Let me talk about podcasts...

If you have been living under a rock - podcasts are a thing. I am pretty sure that they have been around since the birth of the iPod. 

So why am I talking about podcasts? Well I have never really been one for listening to podcasts up until this year. Some of you (my -4 readers) may have your hesitations about them too. 

Here were some of mine:

"Ugh I don't want to listen to people talking all the time".
"Music is life!"
"I don't even know what to listen to!"

Well as I have gotten older - I find myself listening to "good music" which is the same stuff I listened to in college and way before. I found myself in a time warp. It was either my old school college rap, boy bands, techno, and all that. I like alternative rock, but this new stuff like Taylor Swift is killing me. 

So I started listening to books on audio, and when I did not have money to purchase another book on audio or find one worthy to rent - I was like "what the heck am I going to listen to while I work on things at work". Because I need background noise.

Two of my coworkers are extremely into podcasts. They are into political and I thought that was all that existed! Ugh politics - my Facebook and Twitter are exploding with it. I am so over it.

Well I found a few podcasts that I enjoy to escape the mundane world. A few places to listen to podcasts are on the following apps:

1: Podcasts (already installed on the iPhone).
2: Sticher
3: Sound Cloud
4: Overcast (iOS)
5: Castro (iOS)
6: Spotify
7: Podcast Republic
8: Player FM
9: Podcast Addict (Android Only)
10: Doggcatcher

Image result for podcasts

So what the heck do you listen to? First you need to ask yourself what you want to listen to. A few topics you could think about are:

1: Mystery Theater
2: Life Advice
3: History
4: Career Advice
5: Humor
6: News

Etc. 
Or you can always go to ... politics - if you like that stuff.

Here are a few podcasts that I listen to and I enjoy them!

1: S-Town: S-Town is a new podcast from Serial and This American Life, hosted by Brian Reed, about a man named John who despises his Alabama town and decides to do something about it. He asks Brian to investigate the son of a wealthy family who’s allegedly been bragging that he got away with murder. But then someone else ends up dead, and the search for the truth leads to a nasty feud, a hunt for hidden treasure, and an unearthing of the mysteries of one man’s life (www.stownpodcast.org).

2: Tides of History - A podcast all about historical goodies. 

3: Anna Faris is Unqualified - Anna Faris provides relationship advice, talks about her personal life, and she also has guest celebrity stars on the show. (NOT suitable to listen to those who are offended by the "F Bomb" dropped frequently). 

4: TED Talks Daily - TED Talks, enough said. 

5: My Favorite Murder - The ladies talk about their favorite real life murder - again not suitable for those who are offended by swearing.

6: This American Life - per their website: There's a theme to each episode of This American Life, and a variety of stories on that theme. Most of the stories are journalism, with an occasional comedy routine or essay. There's lots more to the show, but it's sort of hard to describe.

7: Welcome to Night Vale - per their website:  a twice-monthly podcast in the style of community updates for the small desert town of Night Vale, featuring local weather, news, announcements from the Sheriff's Secret Police, mysterious lights in the night sky, dark hooded figures with unknowable powers, and cultural events.

8: Big Time Dicks - a show with women talking hilariously about politics - swearing included.

9: Someone Knows Something - a Canadian reporter investigates cold cases - one of my FAVS!

10: LadyGang - three ladies talk about ladious things with swearing, and guest speakers. 

11: Mystery Theater - It is all in the name

12: Wait Wait ... Don't Tell me - the NPR game show - SUPER entertaining it will have you laughing for days! 

13: The Nerdist - a podcast for nerds! 

14: Drunk Austen (only available on Sound Cloud) - this is a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat group I follow who started a podcast recently. They talk about Jane Austen Parodies and other fun stuff. Very independent, may swear at times.

Image result for podcasts

Do you listen to any good podcasts? I am always looking at expanding what I listen to - maybe even cutting out some of the 14 above with even better podcasts!!

COMMENT BELOW!!!

Until Next Time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toxic Friendships

Let me start this blog post with a little side conversation. I love self exploration journals, self help blogs/podcasts/books, and I love helping people! SO with that being said - let me help you out for a moment. Here are some self help books/journals that I have found so far  to be extremely helpful! Click here to learn more and purchase! Click here to learn more and purchase! Click here to learn more and purchase! Click here to learn more and to buy! I am always constantly finding new things to read, I actually have two other books on my docket to read on these subjects that I will write about later.  OK... so now the real topic: TOXIC PEOPLE So how does the first part of my post and the main topic correlate? Well simple. I was writing in the "52 Lists for Happiness" book tonight, and one of the questions is: "List the best choices you have made in your life". Mine goes as such: Going to Europe Graduating from Colleg

Things a California State of Mind Taught Me.

This last week I went on my first vacation in a while. I have taken time off to help out with family things, and have taken a day here or there, but not a FULL week off from work in a LONG time. Well I did this past week, and I went to California with my friends Annah and Kayla. We went to the beach, Disneyland, and bummed around a museum and a cool shopping district. But let me tell you why this trip was so special - it taught me some things I needed to know about myself, about my friendships, and about my mental health! This is my favorite picture I took the entire trip, it explains how I felt the entire length of the trip - HAPPY and relaxed, free to be myself. Let me start off by saying - I am myself pretty much most of the day, but this trip let me do things on my own time with my own ways. 1. I is kind, I is smart, and I is important! I love this quote from  The Help . Self love - it is something that is becoming more accepted each day. I have always struggled with