Skip to main content

Things a California State of Mind Taught Me.

This last week I went on my first vacation in a while. I have taken time off to help out with family things, and have taken a day here or there, but not a FULL week off from work in a LONG time. Well I did this past week, and I went to California with my friends Annah and Kayla. We went to the beach, Disneyland, and bummed around a museum and a cool shopping district.

But let me tell you why this trip was so special - it taught me some things I needed to know about myself, about my friendships, and about my mental health!

This is my favorite picture I took the entire trip, it explains how I felt the entire length of the trip - HAPPY and relaxed, free to be myself.

Let me start off by saying - I am myself pretty much most of the day, but this trip let me do things on my own time with my own ways.

1. I is kind, I is smart, and I is important!

I love this quote from The Help.

Self love - it is something that is becoming more accepted each day. I have always struggled with body positivity, and I almost always talk myself down to the point that I have accepted my fate! But this trip I learned that I am beautiful and I can do anything! To love myself doesn't mean I have to be a size 2 but I can feed myself good foods, and help myself feel confident in ways that I love! I was on a beach with tons of different sized women and I felt no different from the skinny girl on my right and the overweight girl on my left and down a bit. Not to mention that Disneyland also had rides that I fit into every single one! Lagoon has never made me feel confident about my size, but at Disney - I can sit in them all!

**Obviously** I can always improve myself, but it should not be the center of my universe!

Another thing - I remember Spanish! We stayed in Santa Ana and their first language there is Spanish with English as their second. Our cute AirBnB hostess was so nice and they had this pastry shop, and I knew enough that I got through it - well and Annah helped me out a bit too, and by a bit I mean A LOT.

2. True friends will remain friends no matter what!

So you have three girls, different personalities and getting ready schedules and we managed to make it to where we needed to - not always at an ideal time, or at the time we thought, but we made it. In the end we may have had the occasional short temper, but at least I still want to do things with these girls. Friends come and go but I think these two will stay for a while!

3. Vitamin D and Sea is good for me

Minus the occasional dehydration spell, I got an overdose of Vitamin D and Sea and I loved every minute! Even though I have to go back to reality tomorrow, I will remain positive and I intend to plan more trips - even if I go by myself. Because well... they are good for my soul! My depression was so bad before I went, and without getting into depressing details - I was not myself. I feel recharged and ready to  take on life again - heck I may even try Tinder again! - MAYBE!

IN THE END....

The West Coast has it right! A little sea, salt, and sun never hurt no one! I will be going back - perhaps sooner than later - and I will fly. Cause as fun as the drive was with the girls, I want more time!

Fin.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toxic Friendships

Let me start this blog post with a little side conversation. I love self exploration journals, self help blogs/podcasts/books, and I love helping people! SO with that being said - let me help you out for a moment. Here are some self help books/journals that I have found so far  to be extremely helpful! Click here to learn more and purchase! Click here to learn more and purchase! Click here to learn more and purchase! Click here to learn more and to buy! I am always constantly finding new things to read, I actually have two other books on my docket to read on these subjects that I will write about later.  OK... so now the real topic: TOXIC PEOPLE So how does the first part of my post and the main topic correlate? Well simple. I was writing in the "52 Lists for Happiness" book tonight, and one of the questions is: "List the best choices you have made in your life". Mine goes as such: Going to Europe Graduating from Colleg