Skip to main content

Signs You Might be Single for a While

I have stated on my other blogs, that I am a faithful member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, so that is just going to be the forewarning on this blog post. Since we are all about the family, you want to be married one day and have your own family. Being a 25 and single young woman of "marrying age", it can be difficult to get a date every now and again. But on my drive home tonight, I got a chance to contemplate the the working gals (and guy?) problem of being single. Here are what (in my opinion, nothing is peer reviewed) are the reasons that I (or a person like me) may be single for a while. And let me tell you what, there is NOTHING wrong with being single if you are working on bettering yourself and fulfilling your dreams. I know I am still young and there are tons of things for me to do! Let me also just put in a snippet that if you are married, you can still do what you want, even if you have some road blocks.

All I Think About is Work - Even if I don't Want to!!


  • So I come home from work, and I try to block out the memory of work, and what I did that day by watching endless amounts of Netflix, Church Activities, Reading, Hanging Out With Friends, Charity Work, etc. but I still think in between thoughts: "Yes this show is SO amazing... Oh my gosh I think I forgot to lock up my laptop!" or "I love your dress Jennifer... that spreadsheet I did today was killer!" Ok so maybe your work mindset is different, but honestly ... sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and worry I forgot to do something, or I have an idea. #workingproblems much?

Dating Websites SCARE me!!
  • No one wants to go online, IF they feel it is not necessary, and others absolutely love online dating. Heck, one of my best girlfriends got married after dating online. For me... I am a wee bit timid and shy. I am not a girl to pull the first move. I am all talk! It does not help that you have family saying "Oh honey I am going to sign you up for online dating! It will help you find a man, and give me grandchildren". Seriously... sick of it. Perhaps that is why it scares me, or I am rebelling against it. I DON'T WANT TO DO IT... yet. 
4:30 Means off of Work and On With The PJs!!
  • I have this uncanny thing where I come home from work, and it is off with the work clothes and bra, and on with the sweatpants and hoodie! Give me a cup of chai tea, a bowl of popcorn, and a good movie... I am butter! No man is going to want this! He is going to want to have me dress nice and go out in public (EW!). One day I will do this, when the right time comes, but it was a long day at work yo! 
Dating Takes Time, and It is Not in my Calendar!!
  • I live by my calendar, if it is not in my work, home, or church calendar... it DOES NOT EXIST! So who pencils in the time to go out and do a mating call!? "Come and get me boys!" as Nicole Kidman says in Moulin Rouge. No, no, no! I might just be saying this because I am lazy!!
The Same Guys at the Same Activities
  • Do not get me wrong, I am going to activities, or hosting party nights, and putting myself "out there", trying to get dates. I even let people set me up and if it works, I give them my number. But when I got to these activities, it just isn't different. I see the same guys, with the same looks, with the same attitudes. I mean in their defense, I could do something and ask them out... but HELLO I do not make the first move cause I am a PANSY!! I could go to other activities, but sometimes there just isn't time. 
You use Work as an Excuse for Everything
  •  "Hi Adriana uh what are you doing on Monday?" .... ..... "Er... I have a work thing.... sorry!" 
Now the last one has not happened yet, but it could in the future. This is why I need to get rid of these bad habits. Perhaps I need to change my ways, and scour the land for new mates, but honestly ... I am just a Lois Lane waiting for her Superman ... but until then - I am living the dream! 

Until Next Time!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toxic Friendships

Let me start this blog post with a little side conversation. I love self exploration journals, self help blogs/podcasts/books, and I love helping people! SO with that being said - let me help you out for a moment. Here are some self help books/journals that I have found so far  to be extremely helpful! Click here to learn more and purchase! Click here to learn more and purchase! Click here to learn more and purchase! Click here to learn more and to buy! I am always constantly finding new things to read, I actually have two other books on my docket to read on these subjects that I will write about later.  OK... so now the real topic: TOXIC PEOPLE So how does the first part of my post and the main topic correlate? Well simple. I was writing in the "52 Lists for Happiness" book tonight, and one of the questions is: "List the best choices you have made in your life". Mine goes as such: Going to Europe Graduating from Colleg

Things a California State of Mind Taught Me.

This last week I went on my first vacation in a while. I have taken time off to help out with family things, and have taken a day here or there, but not a FULL week off from work in a LONG time. Well I did this past week, and I went to California with my friends Annah and Kayla. We went to the beach, Disneyland, and bummed around a museum and a cool shopping district. But let me tell you why this trip was so special - it taught me some things I needed to know about myself, about my friendships, and about my mental health! This is my favorite picture I took the entire trip, it explains how I felt the entire length of the trip - HAPPY and relaxed, free to be myself. Let me start off by saying - I am myself pretty much most of the day, but this trip let me do things on my own time with my own ways. 1. I is kind, I is smart, and I is important! I love this quote from  The Help . Self love - it is something that is becoming more accepted each day. I have always struggled with